View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 01:27 PM
!! Shawn
!! Shown

Rep Power: 45 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 464,957,567,278.80
Total Points: 528,361,359,355.67
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = <3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites> Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
I got the information from the James Randi Foundation forum. The MSNBC was the link posted in that thread. This is a bit of fun speculation. The article itself said that they were not announcing anything for three weeks.

For the record my first thought about it was that they were going to announce the discovery of some sort of organic chemical residue. I was not expecting little green men.

I wasn't so myopic and distorted as to think that Mitt Romney was going to get elected. So that's got me one up on you.

I don't read HuffPo in general as it's more like a series of blogs than a reliable source of information, the only reason MSNBC was involved at all was as explained above it was linked to on the forum I found the information, and I don't know what NPR is.

I just find it illustrative that instead of actually looking at the claim and discussing it you instantly revert to your reactionary tribalism that infects every post you make and said "Ugh ugh MSNBC bad. Me eat liberal. Ugh."

At least Shawn was discussing the topic.
NPR is biased to the point of making Foxnews and MSNBC look like non-partisan sources of information.

The discovery of organic residues would not really be a discovery "for the history books" in the sensational way they are portraying.

I mean organic in a scientific context just means that it is a molecule that contains carbon. Jupiter's moon Titan contains probably more organic compounds that the entirety of the earth... doesn't have the existence of life, life once existing.

Similarly, the discovery of water, or evidence of past water would not be particularly notable either. Its expected. I mean especially considering that we already have already discovered water on mars with the Phoenix lander.

So we are left with two possibilities. Live organisms, or media sensationalism of a minor, insignificant confirmation of existing theory.

I would go with the latter, and you should have as well.