View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 PM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 28 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 103,806,325,296,469.69
Total Points: 103,937,325,478,053.09
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas 

Good read. The Tarver loss was a quick KO and I wasn't 100% sure that Roy was completely done. But I couldn't believe what I saw that night. Glen Johnson basically chopping him down over the course of the fight and finally laying him out. That's when it really hit me that this is no longer the guy that I grew up watching and admiring.

The 3rd Tarver fight was difficult to watch too. Roy was afraid to let his hands go and seemed content with surviving and not getting KO'd.

But, how much do you think Roy's weight loss going from heavyweight back down to light heavyweight had to do with his decline?

I remember his quote saying something along the lines of at heavyweight "He was built like a heavyweight with the speed of a light heavyweight". Then when he went down in weight he was "built like a light heavyweight with the speed of a heavyweight."