View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 PM
The Viper
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 74,174.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
Nothing went wrong with him. He accomplished a lot and had a great career given his limitations.

Athleticism and handspeed is undeniable but he was never that good of a "boxer". I've had numerous posts on Judah but his Ring IQ/ability to adapt over the course of a fight was very poor. He often had mental lapses and at times didn't know how to convert his athleticism into effective offense. In the Spinks and Baldomir fights, he didn't know what the **** he wanted to do or how he wanted to attack.

Another issue is he chased the money and took several fights at welter where he was too small. 5 of his 7 L's were at 147. But off the top of my head your talking about a 5 time champion (I think, correct if I'm wrong) and an undisputed welterweight champion. He did well with what he had.
You make good points, he did accomplish alot, i just wonder if he was more dedicated to the sport would he have gone farther......And yeah at times he seemed lost, he was schooling mayweather in the first part of their fight...but when floyd made adjustments zab was lost