View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:29 AM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 58 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 268,849,111,332,909.91
Total Points: 269,034,118,826,627.53
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredh View Post
I disagree with mma being in competition with boxing. They are 2 different sports with the majority of both fans not really being interested in the other sport. Of course there are boxing & mma fans who like both they are the minority IMO. Boxing lost relevance in the mainstream because the best of the best won't fight often enough and overloading fans with terrible ppv fights. Could you imagine how much relevance the NFL, NBA & MLB would lose mainstream relevance if the put their respective playoff and championship games on PPV. Imagine NBA promoters telling NBA fans that they would have to pay $65.95 to see the Miami Heat vs the Washington Wizards and its the best match up that could be made and how good the wizards are? You don't think that would cause the NBA to lose relevance? That is what is going in boxing. Majority of people are only willing go for certain BS things for so long. That is one of the many reasons why boxing has lost relevance IMO
The difference from your example though would be then everyone from Miami going online and trying to legitimize Washington as an opponent in an attempt to make Miami look better. As long as the world has suckers boxing promoters have a target audience.