View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Kilrain
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Kilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,126.37
Total Points: 10,050,680,729.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez36 View Post
I think he'll ko burns in one round,that guy is just too slow and no power,broner will just walk him down the first 30 seconds and ko him one minute later
KO in 1 round?! Don't be ridiculous. Did you see Burns' last fight? Did you see him beat Rocky Martinez or Michael Katsidis?

I'm sold on Broner too, the kid's a star, but Burns is very good. He looked awesome in his last fight and he's huge at 135lbs. He's also punching with authority, which you won't know if you're a BoxRec warrior and just judge him by his modest KO ratio.

I think Broner would beat Burns too, but it won't be a one-round blow-out. Burns is big, strong, extremely tough, has a world-class engine, great reach/jab and hits well to the body. If his last fight is any indication, he's also added some punch power to his arsenal. Everyone, predictably, is placing a crown on Broner's head after the other night, but it's premature. For one, DeMarco was overrated, extremely limited, and Broner didn't look especially awesome in the first 4 rounds. He only really opened up when it became apparent DeMarco was staying in the pocket without offering much resistance. It's not like he went in and smashed DeMarco to pieces from round 1 like Mayweather did against Corrales (and certainly Corrales was superior to DeMarco.)