View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 PM
tiko123
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 7 tiko123 will become famous soon enoughtiko123 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,004,326.81
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko123

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
I have heard boxers say they intended to outbox their opponent lots of times. I analyze a fight by what I have seen from them before. I never said or implied that I analyze any fight by pre-fight trash talk. I am not a fan of trash talking. I think it is unessessary and stupid. Both fighters promised to go to war. Vanes tried to but Lara did not. If that does not bother you then that's you. It annoys me when fighters talk trash about destoying the guy and then fight a cautious, safety first fight. If Lara won't back up his trash talk then I think he should shut up. I am sure Lara will talk tough before his next fight but few will believe him now. He is a good fighter and a fine boxer but he is often not much fun to watch.
Great analysis. 100% agree. Lara ruined what could have been an amazing and entertaining fight for all The fans. Lara, By his running and cautious game plan, he really hurt both his and Vanes' stock value. Vanes was ready to go to war like a man and give the fans what they want cuz he learned after joe green, the importance of giving an entertaining fight and not just winning. Sucks for Vanes, now cuz of lara, his reputation took a hit as a boring fighter to most fans who don't understand who is truly to blame.