View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:42 PM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 628,227,850,512.81
Total Points: 12,671,232,962,044.58
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
Heres a few comparisons that give an idea of the competition avalible to Marciano and Frazier respectfully.
Frazier top competition;
Mathis
Bonavena
Quarry
Ellis
Foster (ltHvy)
(forman & Ali are the top comp.)

Marciano
Charles 83-11
Walcott
LaStanza 53-3
Reynolds 51-9
Layne 34-1
Mathewes 81-3-5
****eld 66-11 (ltHvy)

the last 8 times Joe fought he lost 4 and 3 were stopped + a draw .
Granted his losses were against hard hitting Formen and Master Tech Ali but the other competition is void of big hitters.
Another point is that Rocky was never hurt by his flash knock down with Moore, he was up immediately and took charge of Moore and won by tko!

Rocky fought better power than Joe did other than Foreman and was never in major trouble other than cuts and abrasions.
I believe these fantasy match ups are interesting and in the case of these two champs anything is possible as to an outcome. I stated I think Rocky has a punch advantage and I believe thats the difference. Joe was a one handed fighter for the most part except in his younger and "lighter" days he did use his jab but as he got older he would get countered when using against better comp so he shelved it.
Joe was between 5'10" 1/2 Rocky was 5'11" Joe was not bigger than Rocky he simply had a heavier body and needed to retain alot of fluids because he perspired a great deal during a fight and could easily drain down 8 to 12 pounds during a 12 round bout. I like Rocky by a slight edge. Ray.
A lot of false information there. I don't know where you're getting the height statistics but I have never seen those height numbers for Frazier anywhere. As far as the weight, Frazier trained to cut his weight, not retain it. Frazier got into boxing to lose weight and weighed up to 230 as a teenager. The man won a gold as a heavyweight in the amateurs. He was bigger than Marciano and there's no need to rewrite history about it..

Last edited by joseph5620; 11-16-2012 at 05:45 PM.