View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:20 PM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,062,886,661,340.43
Total Points: 15,105,891,786,183.51
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintcar923 View Post
I think Rocky had a better chin. I just can't see Frazier beating him head-to-head. I'd even go far as to say that he'd wear down and stop young Foreman, as well. It would be a little similar to the Lyle fight but a different result.
I think that's really stretching. I consider Marciano an all time great for what he accomplished during his era. I try to keep it in perspective. Head to head I see him losing to a number of all time heavyweighhts including Frazier and Foreman. Obviously you aren't keeping this in the same perspective. I can never prove it but I can sure use his history to form an opinion.

Marciano never beat anybody in his entire career to make a claim for beating Foreman. If Walcott and Moore could hurt Marciano it's not a stretch to see the much bigger Foreman blowing him out. Nobody ever came close beating Foreman in the style Marciano used. And yes, size would matter in this one because Foreman would move Marciano around with ease. A smaller fighter taking it to Foreman would not be healthy.

Lyle and Marciano are nothing alike in terms of their size or style. Lyle was a 6-3 220 plus boxer-puncher who worked of his jab. Marciano was a 5-10 185 pound crouching, swarming, punishing fighter. So what criteria are you using to claim it would be similar?

Marciano had a better chin based on what? Because he never took one from Foreman? That seems to be the only explanation I can see.