Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 AM
Jel
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Jel has a spectacular aura aboutJel has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,788.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarg View Post
I think you're wrong, since we can assume that V Klitschko retired and those he fought would also be easliy wiped out by W Klitschko, so you have the same situation, that Klitschko is much better than the available opposition, but if neither Klitschko was around, the pairings and fight results would be far more interesting and more evenly matched, making better fights. Very simple to understand- as long as you're not a conpiracy theorist...
I'm not talking about the 'other guys' I'm talking about the #1 challenger to the king's throne. Which is Vitali.

It's a unique situation because Wladimir's resume is literally build not on quality of opposition but on stats and longevity.

It's not like a Sugar Ray Leonard who don't really need any long title reign because he fought multiple Elite and ATG Fighters. Wladimir needs a long title reign because he is just like Larry Holmes in terms of sub par resume(as compare to their counter parts in the top 10 echelon)

Also take into consideration that Wlad was already knocked out 3 times. A fourth knock out would have effectively ended his career, VItali could have delivered that fourth knock out. It is extremely inaccurate to say Wladimir is the best HW of his generation when he never fought the guy who could beat him. That's a joke. Once again a excusable joke, because they are brothers, but it does not change the fact Wlad never fought this era's #2.

In fact Wlad never even fought this era's #3(Povetkin). Wladimir is one of the very few guys who have not fought the #2 OR the #3 and he is already 35-36.

The K2 Tag team combined their forces to clean out a division, that is something unique and very special, but to just 'assume' they could have done it by themselves without the other is just pure speculation.