View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Capaedia
JMM Stan

Rep Power: 18 Capaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 176,436,450,715.55
Total Points: 320,286,967,172.94
your pressie - McGoorty Keep up the top posts! - Barnburner 1000 posts! Keep spreading knowledge. - JAB5239 1,000 posts - Scott9945 Great posting - joseph5620 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy Holidays  Capaedia - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* happy holidays to a good poster - Cleto_Reyes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
People have said bumping bodies with Marciano hurt. That should tell you how tough, and physical he was. I've never heard that about another fighter. As for the Ali reference it was H2H so when people bring up Ali it's really irrelevant.
I'm well aware of how tough and physical Marciano was. But Frazier was pushing and throwing Ali around the ring, same with Mathis. Both men are 6'3. These were big men he was pushing around. Marciano never showed that kind of strength.

The only man he fought that he couldn't push around was George Foreman.

As for the comments, Archie Moore said that Floyd Patterson hit him just as hard as Marciano. Faster and with more skill as well.

I don't believe that, but hearsay isn't worth much at all. Archie was a brilliant mind but that's clearly not true.

Quote:
As for Foreman and Marciano, they both have SICK power. Foreman was a big dude himself, but Marciano had that with his frame and small body. P4P Marciano had some gifts man. He also had a 2 handed attack unlike Frazier who would limit himself from time to time
Marciano never proved that against the same people as George Foreman did. In fact, as I said, he took longer to get rid of worse competition than Foreman did, or even Frazier.

Watch Marciano hitting Moore while he's on the ropes. Moore is absolutely exhausted and he even takes some flush. It's actually a little embarassing to watch.

One flush punch from Foreman in that situation, you'd be out of the ring. At that age, Archie might have had to retire.

Marciano throws so many more punches to achieve the same thing LATER than George Foreman does. No way does he have comparable power.