View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 AM
Japanese Boxing
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 5 Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 945,029,442.43
deliciousness - tongue me Thanks!!! - DempseyRollin well deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tongue me 

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Stone View Post
just look at the walcott fight, rocky was completely outboxed in that one through 12 rounds until rocky eventually caught him. In other words he only barely managed it and walcott was no ali. Frazier over ali is miles better than anything on rocky's record - no way in hell could rocky have gotten the win over the greatest.

I feel as though if frazier had retired after that first ali fight and been undefeated with a win over the GOAT this would be a non debate, but because he went on and lost to guys miles and miles above anything that rocky ever fought and would also have lost to, he ends up being ranked below him.
IMO Walcott was a much more intelligent boxer than Frazier.

If we're going h2h you gotta think Frazier at some point would try to trade with Marciano which would be a really bad thing for him. Marciano hit as hard as Foreman but was relentless and didn't need to pace himself. He could keep coming and keep throwing bombs into Frazier and break his will. That's what Rocky did. He broke people wills and then broke their jaws. Ali stylistically is a horrible match up for Rocky, but if post draft dodge Ali did that rope a dope strategy against Rocky he might have been killed. Depends which Ali fought really.

Mind you I'm not saying Frazier wasn't a strong willed fighter either. But I feel stylistically at some point Frazier wouldn't be able to handle Rock's pressure. Very few guys could. They over thought and Rocky was still coming with instinct as well as intelligence.

Last edited by Japanese Boxing; 11-14-2012 at 05:08 AM.