View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Capaedia
JMM Stan

Rep Power: 18 Capaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 128,524,393,910.34
Total Points: 272,374,908,759.96
your pressie - McGoorty Keep up the top posts! - Barnburner 1000 posts! Keep spreading knowledge. - JAB5239 1,000 posts - Scott9945 Great posting - joseph5620 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy Holidays  Capaedia - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* happy holidays to a good poster - Cleto_Reyes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
of all the fights in the morales-pacquiao trilogy, the most closest and actioned pack was the 1st fight (the 12th round was the best round of the decade for me), the only reason pacquiao lost momentum in that fight was because of the severe cut he suffered during a headbutt (unintentional). pacquiao should have won that fight with sheer power and speed alone, but morales took advantage of pacquiao momentary vunrability and kept moving to pacquiao's blind side (shows great ring intelligence). if it's weren't for the cut on pacquiao, i have no doubt he would have unleashed a lot more accurate cannon balls and TKO'ed morales in the 12 round for being reckless (more fighter than boxer)
Morales kept interrupting his offensive and not knowing what to do, Pacquiao quickly backed up and Morales followed him with punches. He was getting hit over and over just like that, with his ineffective high-guard leaving him open.

Morales was enacting his game plan before the cut, without it the same thing would've happened but maybe less clearly. Morales cut him because Pacquiao wasn't defending himself well. That's solely on Manny.

And if Pacquiao was still being competitive by the 12th, I doubt Erik would've gone southpaw and given him that shot. That's the ballsiest taunt I have ever seen from one ATG to another.