View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 PM
1sballotHOF
Contender

Rep Power: 3 1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 27,763.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanis1 View Post
I can't help but notice the meteoric rise in pay for NBA players seems to coincide with they heyday of Jordan. Also I totally agree with with whole college thing. Even if a kid doesn't make it to the NBA or NFL they can at least get a free college education. Also back in the 70's you could have a HS diploma and get a job manufacturing and raise a family on it. The whole job landscape has changed too. Even with people with degrees you see two working parents. To be perfectly honest if I had an athletic kid I'd push them towards any sport that at least has a collegiate level over boxing, but then again I would never want my son to box, it's a dangerous sport that I love and admire, but I don't think I could watch my little boy get punched. Perhaps this shows another aspect of the sport, parents are too overprotective and worried about their special little kids to let them get into boxing.
Exactly. Which is why I said kids are too soft these days.