View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
1sballotHOF
Contender

Rep Power: 3 1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute1sballotHOF has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 27,993.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathed View Post
I thought we were talking about the heavyweight scene of today? I bet I could go to any pro football team or NBA team and recruit a dude who could make his way to a title fight within a year or two (provided I was in a financial and professional position to do such a thing). I'm just saying, the physical talent IS out there but they didn't chose boxing as a career path.

As other posters have said, there are plenty of NBA players that would be superior to Wlad and Vitali both in stature and physical capabilities. Certain guys would make Wlad's jab look pathetic just based off of their natural size and reflexes and agility.
My point was that, today's athletes/kids are not strong enough mentally to die in the ring like a Ali/Frazier would. All these athletes you name, can they take a punch? Can they even punch!? Can they overcome a KD, and come back to win? Can they get KO'd, then be willing to fight again, against another killer that only has boxing???

Last edited by 1sballotHOF; 11-13-2012 at 09:14 PM.