View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 PM
One_Businessman
Property Rights

Rep Power: 13 One_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,149,846,483.80
I'm also counting down the days :fing02: - jose830 Thanks - Enayze ATG poster - Mike D 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
sorry, I missed this whole conversation but thanks to some red k I remembered it and am revisiting it.
anyway, your claims are unsubstantiated I invite you to post a legitimate study on this conducted by a reliable source. simply copying and pasting what some conservative political pundit wrote just doesn't do it, shawn.

there is no evidence what so ever that student loans drive up tuition!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...EX5U_blog.html

see^^ that's how you post links and articles with reliable data.
Sorry...this sounds like the Tobacco lobbyists who fund research organizations that conclude that there is no link between cancer and smoking cigarettes.

I've almost read the entire thing and still no actual retort other then "Most experts conclude there is no link between student aid and tuition going up". I guess if you keep saying it enough times...it will make it true.

All one needs is to use is observation. If you pump more money into the system...prices go up because money is soo easily available, therefore less worth. If you make higher education more easily accessible through Fed grants and guaranteed loans...universities respond by hiking up tuition. 1) because of inflation and 2) because they can. If you're gonna give them more 'students' to teach, they're gonna give you (and the students themselves later on) a higher price to pay for that service, so they can pay their professors and staff more money for teaching bigger classrooms of students.

What you're also doing is devaluing the degree itself. That articles says that "63 percent of U.S. jobs will require some form of postsecondary education". Of course they will but why is that? It's because of the Govt. A 'free" high School diploma is now almost worthless. Bachelor degrees will follow suit.

Pretty soon you're gonna have to go to school an additional 10 to 15 years...just to stand out from the rest of the crowd and get paid for a job that you could've gotten with a High School diploma... decades ago.

1_Cap over and out.

Last edited by One_Businessman; 11-13-2012 at 08:25 PM..