View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 AM
rampant
Contender

Rep Power: 6 rampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,610,014,922.13
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo View Post
Like I said we don't know how good Cleverly is until he actually steps up but fact is he's a wold champ and he got the belt through a standard route in the UK, Commonwealth, British belt then WBO route. You can argue that he doesn't deserve to be a world champ but you can make the same case for Shumenov and Cloud to some extent.

I mean Cloud is fighting Murat next someone who Nathan beat two years ago. B-Hop is hands down the second guy in the division after Dawson and a dangerous fight for Nathan so have to give him credit for wanting the fight. He's getting hate now for wanting to fight the best but he could easily do what Joe did and fight nobodies for another 6/7 years before taking on the elite but I have no doubt he'll get hate for that too.

Fact is it's not always about the most deserving fighters getting a shot but what makes more sense financially and I think that's the case here. Just don't see why Cleverly should be geting all this hate simply for wanting to step up.
Damned if do damned if you dont, Im a bit undecided actually about this one for a few reasons.

What would a fight over b-hop tell us if Cleverly wins?
Would we all then start saying well b-hop is past it, like we said when Calzaghe beat him (just mind you) so I guess its a good fight to go for next.