View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Capaedia
JMM Stan

Rep Power: 17 Capaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,188,832,444.96
Total Points: 180,039,344,132.34
your pressie - McGoorty Keep up the top posts! - Barnburner 1000 posts! Keep spreading knowledge. - JAB5239 1,000 posts - Scott9945 Great posting - joseph5620 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy Holidays  Capaedia - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* happy holidays to a good poster - Cleto_Reyes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Bomber View Post
Very solid point,

I admit to have rated Marciano above Frazier in my list, but I can entirely see your point.
In short, Frazier fought a far better opposition and lost a few fights, while Marciano dominated a rather weak division.

Frazier has the misfortune, in a sense, to have lived in the same era as Alý and in one of the best periods ever of the HW divison.
Not many people would rate Frazier above Marciano, simply because Frazier was the second (possibly the 3rd, if we include Foreman) of his times.

As a side note, I'd love to see at least one HW fight somewhat like Smokin' Joe, I was recently watching Alý-Frazier I . It was astonishing to see how Joe would keep on coming forward, bobbing and weaving, throwing body shots with utter determination, no matter how often he got hit.
I love his "Yes, I'm crazy" attitude.
For what it's worth, Chisora is a destitute man's Joe Frazier.

Definitely not a role model. Nor is he a very good fighter. But he's the closest you'll see for a loooong time.