View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:19 PM
jtcs1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 jtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,654,541,309,233.05
Total Points: 10,660,460,346,075.74
An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* Sorry about the blow :D All better yet? - *La Patrona* I feel like sending pressies :D - Bossy good poster.... - bigsmoothh 
Mi profesor. :kiss: - Bossy 1k post - bigsmoothh bebete una cervesa medalla por tus 1000 posts.... - jose830 Must spread rep before I can green you again, so I'll give you my heart instead :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Round 1 
No Message - Round 1 thanks for the red pai chupala - Dickie Smalls Cotto training en el Morro pics... - jose830 Por aportar a un esperanzado cambio. - ELHURACAN58 there you go - Tha_Greatest 
there you go - Tha_Greatest Happy Holidays jtcs1981. - !! AI-Holmes!! dont fukk wit me, lol, joking, i am a troll, im a troll who uses logic to piss the fukk outta people, how can anyone argue vs logic right, no vulgarity, no race, no family and i only use peoples words against them, lol look at my fukked up posts or t - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Send a message via MSN to jtcs1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
in the correct context? yes, i know what the term "context" relates, but i you'll need to explain to me further what you mean.

let me guess this straight, you think you can do a better job than he does, or you simply think that he's not translating everything as directly as possible?

he's not trying to go word for word and give the most accurate translation. he's trying to show the fighters in a good light in the interviews, and sell the product. it's not like these guys are always super coherent. some of the stuff you hear you don't want translated directly because it's a poor answer.

it's perhaps not fair to the fighters, but it's almost certainly not a product of an inability to go word for word / idea for idea in a translation

i speak enough spanish to get a good deal of what i hear in interviews after the fights. up to 100?% for the guys with the simple dialogue and an accent i can deal with. i've spoken it for about 10 years, but again, it's childlike spanish at best. still, some of the stuff i hear from the fighters shouldn't be translated word for word.
The fighter say something and the translation in english is not the same thing. IMO it is their inability to remember all the words the fighters are saying. I can look back for plenty of the post fights and translate exactly what the fighter said and what Olaya and Flores say and it is not the same. Same thing happens in this site when they translate what the spanish speaking fighters say to english.

Can I do a better job? Translating yes. I have no doubt. But my voice and my accent is not fit for that type of job. The fat guy from Top Rank, does a good job. He understand the idiom and jargon of different nationality. The guys that translate the fights in HBO Latino do a good job from english to spanish.