View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Cardinal Buck
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Cardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal Buck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,044,004.29
Cheers to that! - E.P.T. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
floyd was beat by a fighter who he could not hurt and was being touted as one of the all time greats at the time in sonny liston. It took alot of courage to get in the ring with liston. I also think his legacy is somewhat tarnished because he followed rocky and this is similar to larry holmes following ali.
I do not think his stoppage losses should really affect his ratings as they all occured against liston , ali and johanson who he in turn stopped twice. Considering he was at a size disadvantage I think he had an impressive carreer. Lets not forget joe frazier is rated fairly high in the hw ranks and was stopped by the latter day sonny listion(george foreman) and ali and had a good 15 pound weight advantage over floyd.
Frazier actually did much better against Foreman than Floyd did against Liston, strange as it may be. You can't get excused for consecutively getting flattened in one round by the same guy.