View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 PM
TX_BOXNG
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 TX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,009,581,319,565.52
Total Points: 1,024,751,370,753.94
for having a Mares avi - Cleto_Reyes thanks for posting on the thread man - robson24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
in the correct context? yes, i know what the term "context" relates, but i you'll need to explain to me further what you mean.

let me guess this straight, you think you can do a better job than he does, or you simply think that he's not translating everything as directly as possible?

he's not trying to go word for word and give the most accurate translation. he's trying to show the fighters in a good light in the interviews, and sell the product. it's not like these guys are always super coherent. some of the stuff you hear you don't want translated directly because it's a poor answer.

it's perhaps not fair to the fighters, but it's almost certainly not a product of an inability to go word for word / idea for idea in a translation

i speak enough spanish to get a good deal of what i hear in interviews after the fights. up to 100?% for the guys with the simple dialogue and an accent i can deal with. i've spoken it for about 10 years, but again, it's childlike spanish at best. still, some of the stuff i hear from the fighters shouldn't be translated word for word.
like in the Lara interview, Lara said "el es un pendejo, no tiene corazon" which means "he is a stupid/dummy, he has no heart" he also said that this a top rank promotion card, n the dumb translator said that it was top rank/goldenboy card

its just frustrating to see this translators, that way the public can understand this fighters thoughts on the fights

Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 11-11-2012 at 05:52 PM.