View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:23 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 949,467,182,048.62
Total Points: 50,979,700,273,548.34
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crold1 View Post
I had Moreno winning by a point but have no issue with Mares getting the nod. I gave Moreno 1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 12. I gave Mares 2, 4, 5-6. I had 9 and 11 even. 6-4-2 for Moreno. Moreno did a much better job in the second half than the first when he planted and went to the body more. Same problem in some other fights with guys who pressed. I was ultimately impressed by both guys. Moreno dug deep to stop what looked like a looming rout going into seven. That was world class stuff by two guys in their prime.

I really enjoyed it.

Mares doesn't get the credit he should for the run he's on. He faces TOP stuff over and over and doesn't just run over guys so he gets overlooked for guys who don't take the same risks. Kind of unfair.
Yeah, I remember the whole board raving about Froch with the run he was on, and yet Mares has fought consistently better opposition I think that are doing better too. Darchinyan is the guy that has faced the best competition consistently for me.

Donaire
Mares
Arce
Mijares
Moreno
Pacheco
Agbeko
Perez
Yamanaka
Kirilov
Rojas

All are, were, or became champions at the time Darchinyan fought them. He's also got his share of former champions too.

Even his soft touches, between losses, are guys who look good on someone else's resume.

I really enjoyed it too actually. I don't understand, at all, those guys saying Moreno is a ***** runner. The guy was walking Mares down, trying to land bombs every time Mares slowed up a bit, and he's a pure counter puncher. It's just funny what people think compared to what they see. I saw one guy saying Mayweather, Wladimir and Ward are exciting boxers that box 'properly' while Moreno was just a ****** runner that deserved the 120-106 card.....wtf?

Moreno took more chances and risks in that fight trying to land the big one than those three combined have in their last three fights.

Last edited by BennyST; 11-11-2012 at 02:28 AM.