View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
White_Knight
At a lady's service

Rep Power: 14 White_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,023,463,160,160.92
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Thanks for green K - Weltschmerz 

Is Steve Bunce the guy that is always speaking much louder than necessary? If so, yes, he is very annoying.

The only British commentators I know of that I like are Jim Watt and Lennox Lewis. The only American ones I like are Jim Lampley, Larry Merchant, George Foreman, Emmanuel Stewart, Bob Sheridan and Al Bernstein. Here in Australia, we don't have a single good commentator.

I've noticed British commentators generally don't like the Klitschkos. This isn't because of Wladimir beating Haye either, because the negative commentary precedes that. I personally think it's because they don't like someone from the continent beating their fighters (Lewis is the only UK fighter to beat a Klitschko, and it was a victory with an unsatisfactory finish). I think these commentators would be much more comfortable with an American fighter beating all their fighters.

The worst commentary crew was Al Marvin, Ferdie Pacheco, and Bobby Czyz. Al had a good voice but has no boxing knowledge whatsoever. Ferdie Pacheco was the most miserable guy on the face of the earth; he was the most negative person I ever heard. Bobby Czyz was actually quite good.