View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,067,786.98
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

I don't know anyone who thinks of him as "garbage"! He was a boxer who always came to the ring in shape and with a commitement to win. Extremely entertaining bouts and fought out of a style that has interest boxing fans for years. Floyd fought a great series with Johanson and in retirement gained respect from all sports fans by the way he conducted himself.
His power didn't prove to be effective once he fought fighters over 215lbs, prior to that he did well in that phase of his arsonal. He simply got out gunned against Liston and Ali but then again everyone else did then, no shame.
Not sure about a top twenty all time heavy but a quality boxer who came to win and was a high quality character man. Soft spoken and would look you right in your eyes when he spoke to you. I liked him he was a gentlmen. Ray
I checked his record because I remembered something interesting from years ago. His 64 bout career had only 6 opponents with losing records and thats pretty amazing. As far as the comment about his "weak chin" he was stopped 5 times in 64 bouts all against top ten competitors that does NOT indicate a weak chin, especially when the heavy division is involved **** happens with the big boys in a blink of the eye!

Last edited by Ray Corso; 11-09-2012 at 04:56 PM.