View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,636,286,657.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipbjefrox View Post
Weren't there multiple deduction cuz jmm kept hitting John below the waist? Been a while since I saw it but from what I remember John threw calzaghe like mosquito punch flurries and the crowd went wild. Meanwhile jmm worked the body
There were 2 deductions in 2 late rounds. Marquez was fouling very often and seeming deliberately when he knew he was losing. He was very grouchy at that particular time as he had previously refused $750,000 to rematch MannyP claiming that he wanted $1.5 mill.
$750,000 was more than his total purses up to that date. And he was now fighting John for $32,500............. It was the only fight he could get, there were write-ups about it.

Even without the deductions John had a clear unanimous decision. He's a very good boxer although much ignored because he keeps fighting in Indonesia, Japan and Australia. But he had 2 fights against Rocky Juarez, I remember one was in Las Vegas, the other somewhere else in America.

Anyway, I later also saw a report by a well known American boxing reporter who specially attended at ringside, and he said that, "contrary to the claims by Marquez, he was well beaten".

At that time, it must be said, and maybe some real boxing followers will recall, Maruez habitually claimed that he always got bad decisions againt him, and that he regarded himsefl as being "unbeaten". i think he still very grudgingly will admit-maybe- that the other guy did well.