View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Roy Jones Jnr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Roy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 890,458,310.45
No Message - -jose- 

It's one of the most disgraceful things about Boxing fans and sadly it's something many Boxing fans do, and to their credit UFC fans put us to shame in this regard. We used to be like that. If a Boxer lost, it was ok, dust yourself down and come back again. Earn another shot at the title. Nowadays it's if someone loses, its OMG HYPEJOB LOL EXPOSED HE SHUD RETIRE LOLZ.

I've never understood it myself.

I mean this is Boxing ffs. Someone has to lose.

Just because a fighter loses a fight now and then it doesn't have to mean that said fighter has been exposed or his career is over.

Like i said, this is Boxing. Someone has to lose. One punch can change a fight. That's why we love the sport so much.

How many times has a fighter lost a fight or two early on his career or even in his prime, but still gone on to have a legendary career? So many times.

This is Boxing. It's fighting. You win some you lose some.

This IMO is the main reason why so many Boxers nowadays are going down the cherrypicking route, because their worried about how much of a affect one single defeat can have on them in the eyes of Boxing fans nowadays.