View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Halls of Fame
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Halls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 400,538,070,315.09
When you use it think of me - BMWM3P This color matches your eyes - BMWM3P one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - BMWM3P 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5620 View Post
Michalzewski was not an undisputed champion. Hopkins was. Hopkins was undisputed until he was 40 (longevity). Michaelzewski was losing to club fighters(Julio Cesar Gonzalez) and struggling with Richard Hall at a much younger age, while never becoming the undisputed champion. You can't compare two.

Let's see your top 5.
Michalczewski once held 3 of the 4 titles, which is basically called "undisputed". he held the WBA, IBF and WBO title at one point and then held on to the WBO title. the lightheavyweight and the middleweight division have always been deep divisions throughout history so you can indeed compare middleweights to lightheavyweights.
in my top 5 I have guys like Bob Foster, Archie Moore, Michael Spinks, Michalczewski and Gene Tunney.
an old michal. losing to Gonzales (who is NOT a club fighter) doesnt mean anything. look at the guys Michal. beat and look at the guys Hopkins beat.
21 or 22 title defences from Michal. . thats called LONGEVITY. Michal won the 2 wars with Richard Hall. Roy Jones needed steroids to beat Richard Hall

Last edited by Halls of Fame; 10-27-2012 at 01:25 PM.