View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 924.80

The daft thing is, because DeGale's been so poorly trained and been relying on natural ability/fitness so far in his career from a technical and physical standpoint, the attributes that can't be trained - such as chin and heart - have had to be on display much more than anticipated as he's been matched quite tough for 14 fight pro.

Based on what i've seen, I can't see him been another Audley because his heart, pride, ego and chin wouldn't allow him to KO'd early and would probably keep him in some fights alone.

I'm going to give him a pass on last weeks fight as he had been on the shelf awhile, but I expect to see him at least more active in rounds next time out, fit and conditioned to implement his style and hold the centre of the ring more often. Long term, the technical improvements need to improve too and not remain stale, but this is something team DeGale need to review in the new year.

Hennessey couldn't do much worse than actually bringing a similar, durable, come forward opponent for DeGale this time around to be honest, to see if the physical differences have taken place in training. Mouhamed Ali Ndiaye has been talked about in the past and would be on par or a slight step up to Mohoumadi. Or offer the guy a rematch.