View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:38 AM
damuttz112
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 damuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond reputedamuttz112 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 57,622.53
To a good poster - FkDaHtrs To a good poster - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Haye is the b1tch.

Haye boasted he'd "shove Klitschko's jab up his ass" but when they fought he just ran like a frightened chicken for 11 2/3 rounds.
I already explained this:
Haye & booths game-plan was simple.

Come in light, train to avoid Wlads jab (which he did a magnificent job of during the fight) and hit Wlad with a counter & finish him. The problem was for Haye was that he waited, and waited, and waited, and waited for an opportunity to be able to counter Wlad with something - but it never came.

If Wlad is anything, it's cautious, he will be careful even at the safest of times (as safe as you can be with a guy who is trying to punch you) and combine his natural caution with Stewards game-plan and it left very few opportunities for Haye to knock him out.

People have accused Haye of being gunshy but I think this is an unfair accusation to level at him, there wasn't a reluctance to throw, there just wasn't many openings. People have also said 'he should have just went for it'

I don't see how much more 'going for it' you can do aside from chasing your opponent around the ring throwing wild desperate punches.

It just pisses me off how people say he ran, Steward & Wlad systemically shut down Haye plus Haye/Booth lack of plan B. If you re-watch the fight carefully you'll understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Wlad is by far the more entertaining fighter, Haye only looks good against glass-chinned bums like Audrey and Maccarinelli.
I thought you were Boxing fan, I don't hate Wlad at all what I do hate is that fans cannot have a damn straight conversation on Boxing. Just leaving snide remarks puts a bad taste in your mouth. Wlad is great fighter and professional, but his style is not gonna make people jump outta their seats (ala Mike Tyson) and it's not supposed to, it's efficient and effective. Him and his brother are great professionals and representative of the sport.

Haye is an exciting fighter, bashing his whole career based off one performance against the Top Heavyweight just shows your agenda to put him in a negative light. Haye-Ruiz, Haye-Chisora was a great fight with a controversial build-up and a nice Round 5 KO to finish off.

“Boxing is entertainment, so to be successful a fighter must not only win but he must win in an exciting manner. He must throw punches with bad intentions.”
- Cus D'Amato