View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:32 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,179,327.27
Total Points: 120,119,292,176.31
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

What does SMH mean? Anyway, yeah, I see the only way GSP wins is by decision as well and now that he's older, it could be a little better match up for him. But Anderson has the best technical striking this sport has seen in it's short history and while he's not usually a one shot KO guy, if he catches someone, they're usually done because he's also one of the best finishers in the sport and Silva knows how to follow up when he catches someone.

Silva's finishes are usually pretty exciting too. But didn't Dana White actually say once or twice after he didn't like Silva's effort in a couple of title defenses and that he would even consider stripping him of the title? I forgot which fight(s) this was after, maybe the Cote one, possibly also the Leites and Maia defenses? Kind of a douchey thing to say IMO when the guy's given him mostly great fights and made the UFC a lot of money with his main events over the years. What's funny is now he praises Silva, like he never even said that crap in the past.

Speaking of GSP, while Silva is probably near retirement at 37 now, a couple of years older than Mayweather, GSP is only 31. So shouldn't he be the guy to challenge fighters at a different weight class now too, since he's cleared out the division at welterweight? And if a guy moves up, is he allowed to still keep his belt or would he have to vacate the title? Is a fighter allowed to defend two titles?

Oh yeah and left to the liver, I often hear the same stuff too. MMA fans say boxing is dead, boxing fans say MMA is a fad and gay. It's annoying sometimes. Like a fad would last 20 years, which the UFC will have done by next year now. And at least the UFC is shown on a major network, which boxing no longer is. My point there is both sides are wrong and kind of closed minded.

Last edited by Anthony342; 10-15-2012 at 12:34 AM.