View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:37 AM
_original_
Dinamita

Rep Power: 24 _original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 60,622,622,549.32
Total Points: 284,958,998,027.04
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
That's largely the point.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't trying to do a Broner and be like Mayweather, I'm just using mayweathers name as an example, but he was using a defensive technique that he shouldn't have been.

Whether it was Abril or Mayweather or whoever else doesn't matter, it shouldn't have been tried by Alvarado because he got hit very easily inside when he was using it. He would have been much better served with both hands up and pushing off Rios to get space.

Defututus: he's the obvious name to recall being the most popular exponent of it today and the most recognisable name.
Very true. I couldn't believe how Alvarado could just not make adjustments as he kept getting tagged with some of the same bombs. And instead of fighting from a distance where he was looking good, he kept getting inside with Rios which I thought was foolish. It was actually looking like Alvarado was taking control of the fight before Rios just started throwing and more importantly landing some huge shots. I personally feel that Alvarado fought a dumb fight and could have won had he not tried to engage in such a war. But hey, doesn't matter I guess, we got a great fight out of it.