View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Rocky Rode
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Rocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 38,245.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD vEiN View Post
yeah Scottie Pippen lead that same team without Jordan, but did you realize that only Jordan has left that roster? it IS still the championship team, only without MJ...Grant, Paxson, Cartwright, BJ even the coaching staff, they're still the core team that won 3 straight titles, you expect them just to get canned in 1st round just because MJ wasn't around?

so what if Bulls lost or played crap against Rockets? they never get to meet in playoffs unless they met in Finals so it doesn't hold water to your argument that Rockets had MJ's number...Bulls have waited for them in '97 but i guess they were not that tough enough get past Utah Grandpas
See, I dont' get this. First you're telling me that the only reason so many of these PF's couldn't win a title was because MJ was dominating that era, but here, you admit, the Jazz team was old. The only time Jordan ever stopped Karl Malone was when he was past his prime. Jordan stopped an old Malone from winning a title. Great. Who stopped Karl Malone in his prime years? A bunch of good teams. Not all time great teams. Just above average teams.

Elite players don't consistently lose to teams like that in their primes. That's what players like Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, and yes, even Karl Malone do.