View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:58 PM
chaos
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 chaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond reputechaos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,708.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetwaves View Post
1. Is it immoral to be gay?

2. Or is it immoral to act gay?

If yes to #1, explain that, because it makes zero sense to me. Neither nature or nurture really matters because it doesn't change the fact that they're gay.

If yes to #2, explain what the immoral part of a homosexual act is, and why. Your earlier explanation was simply "because if everyone did it, we'd go extinct". Am I misrepresenting you by saying that? I don't think so, but here's your chance to set the record straight.

If you're going to keep replying, answer these questions simply and clearly so there aren't any more communication problems. My view up to now is that you're being purposely ambiguous because you have no argument. "Because it's just wrong" is an insufficient reason for something, for the record. If your answer is "because the Bible tells me so", just say it. We can end the conversation right there.
Being born that way (if in fact that's the case) is a mistake of nature. Like being born a retard. It's an aberration, plain and simple. I don't know for a fact if people are born that way or not because so far there's no evidence for either side, but I'm answering the question hypothetically.

Acting on it, however, is obviously a choice and one that I think is wrong, but it's none of my business what people do behind closed doors. Just like I think it's wrong for consenting adults to engage in incest. I'm sure most people will agree that incest is wrong, but there's no need to explain why, it just goes without saying. I'm confident that even you wouldn't argue with me about incest being wrong; well that's how I think for both situations. I'm not saying they're the same thing, I'm just giving an example of two things that I think are wrong in and of themselves. I don't need to spoon feed you every reason why I think it's wrong because that's not the purpose of this discussion. There's obviously other reasons for my personal views, but I'm more interested in explaining why they're abnormal.

Basically, I'm making an over-arching argument that being born like that (again, if in fact that's the case) is not the way it was meant to be. And a very simple example to prove it is the procreation argument. Just like a man/woman being born sterile is not the way it was meant to be. That doesn't mean you persecute them, but it means there's nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact that they're abnormal. How much value one puts on that abnormality is up to the individual person. It just happens that the majority of the world considers it abnormal.

Now, if they kept it to themselves no one would care. Do we need to have straight parades every year? No, because no one gives a sh_t; it should be the same way with them. The problem is that society wants to tell them they're normal and so they want to be treated like a normal couple, whether it's for the purpose of marriage or adopting kids, which I'm obviously against in both instances, but that's a whole separate discussion that's best left for another time.