View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Isaac Hunt
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 Isaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,040,880.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sandman View Post
I never knew why Golden Boy never protected Amir Khan like they do with Canelo. Not that I'm complaining. I respect the fact that Amir Khan is facing tough oppositions. But this is just out of curiosity. They were trying to turn Amir Khan into a star.
Team Khan had very heavy financial demands with a contract with GBP for over $1 Million per fight. GBP had to create fights that would be financially viable and the bottom line is putting Khan in with lemons would mean they would be running at a loss. In truth they did try and protect Khan,there was that convoluted deal to keep Maidana away from him for over a year and the Peterson fight was a mandatory as was the Maidana fight. Maidana went to court to get purse bids and force the fight. The risky fights were mandatories.The Garcia fight was risky but Khan had lost his titles and the 2 losses on the spin put Khan in a position that he was really irrelevant on the World scene and they went for broke.