View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:00 AM
hatershate
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,886.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derranged View Post
Ok so he couldn't beat two of the best fighters in the world. He's far from a sub-class boxer.
The man lives of his one upset. Over a 36 year old Tszyu who announced his retirement in the ring that night.

He had two more legitimate opponents the rest of his career. He ended both of those fights on his back. I hate Pacquaio and I legitimately thought he killed Ricky in that fight. I actually thought I was witnessing death in the ring. Thank god that wasn't the case.

Ricky Hatton is an overweight, alcoholic glutton who has one of the most unwatchable styles in boxing of the past half century. He has fans because Brits love boxing (which is good) and Brits have no boxers to be proud of (which is bad).

Over the past week or two people have been talking about Ricky like he walked away from the sport at the top of his game and now he is coming to regain his throne. Ricky gave his all to the sport, true, but Ricky left with nothing. Which is what he remains today, which is how he will be viewed in boxing's analogues. Tough shit.