View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 102,048,102,007.15
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Dude, get real. Some Klitschko fans on here claimed Vitali was in his prime last year, after blowing away Adamek.

You can't compare Vitali-Lewis to Vitali-Haye, in my opinion. They're not unknown quantities and the fight, if it happens, sure as hell won't be on two-weeks notice.

I still think Vitali, despite his apparent decline, beats Haye either by wide UD or brutal KO.
Of course I can't compare Vitali-Lewis to Vitali-Haye. Haye is not even close to caliber of that version of Vitali.
And Lewis was much closer to his prime than Vitali is now to his. 4 years is not insignificant. I don't want to bring Lewis in this conversation but Vitali hell did much more to deserve another go against Lewis than Haye did.
Lewis decided to retire - fair enough.