View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:37 AM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 97,838,937,293,078.09
Total Points: 161,338,937,295,606.78
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
That's my point. Tired or not, an elite fighter is not supposed to get hit by the same punches over and over again

No he didn't.

I didn't mention Sergio's chin once. It's not about the knockdown, it's about what he did after he got up. He ate right hands and left hooks and threw a few weak jabs here and there. It's like he had no gameplan whatsoever.
I was talking to Phantomas, hence why I quoted him lol. He got hit a bunch in that round, but he survived. Martinez showed that he can recover well and doesn't have a faulty chin/punch resistance. That wasn't the first round that Chavez landed leather on him, it was the first time that he hurt him. Yes he got hit, but isn't that what happens when you're stunned/hurt? Sure, he could've handled the situation better, but it's possible that his knee injury didn't allow him to be more mobile, hence why he stood and traded. He absorbed it and survived the round with a banged-up hand and knee, can't ask for anything more.