View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 102,048,112,413.69
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Lennox
Tyson
Liston
Wlad
Vitali

Vitali's resume isn't all that strong even for his era, which is weak as it is. His best wins are Sanders and Peter. He's the lowest.

Liston and Wlad are fairly close though. Wlad has more wins over the Top HW's in his era, but for his time, Liston's era had better fighters. Liston's wins over Floyd Patterson trump anything on Wlad's resume, and had their been this many belts when Liston fought Top HW's Folley and Machen, they would have been HW champions at that time too. His best wins are Patterson (HOF), Machen, and Folley.

Wlad's best wins are Haye, Byrd, Peter, Chagaev, and Chambers. Haye and Byrd are good wins, very solid wins. But they're not really better or worse than Liston's wins over Folley and Machen at the time he fought them, and than Liston has the Patterson win which trumps anything on Wlad's resume. But, Wlad has been a Top HW longer than Liston was, giving him more wins over Top 10 fighters. Still, Liston has the better win, as equal of Top wins, and fought in a tougher era for his time. I'd give Liston the edge there.

Next is Lennox and Tyson, where Lennox has the better resume to me. Tyson was dominant, in a semi-weak era of his, but still has the win over Spinks, who was the lineal HW champ at the time, and one of the top fighters. He was dominant over all the other Top HW's from the Mid 80's to his Douglas upset loss. Ruddock, Smith, Thomas, Tucker, were all Top HW's when Tyson fought them, and H2H they're better than the likes of today's modern day Top HW's, in my opinion. He came back and had a few solid wins, but didn't dominate like he had.

Sure, Lennox was upset by McCall and Rahman, but he avenged both losses, and has other solid wins too. His win over Holyfield is better than any other win on any of these resumes, and also beat other Top HW's around his time as well.

So for me....

Lennox
Tyson
Liston
Wlad
Vitali

The Top 5 wins on here are

Lennox over Holyfield
Liston over Patterson
Tyson over Spinks
Wlad over Haye
Liston over Folley/Wlad over Byrd

In my opinion.

But if someone disagree's, that's their opinion. I'm not knocking them at all.
So this means Bowe has a better resume than Lewis as his win over prime Holyfiled is way better than anything on Lewis resume?