View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Null
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Null has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,027,005,172.70
good ownage of floydiots. - I'm so sorry merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncods View Post
Thanks rockin! Although i do believe I have decent speed the dude was no slow poke. Like I said I am 135 and he is 155 and in shape. He is the athletic type so there was little difference in speed. But the difference in strength was a different story.

I guess to illustrate it I was Floyd Mayweather and he was Andre Ward. He was bigger but he was not that much slower and he knew what to do. I learned that when both are equal in terms of ability the bigger guy wins.
Absolutely, you can get away with sparring bigger guys when they are not as experienced as you. However, on even terms, bigger guys have the advantage. Don't give them that advantage. Lately, I've been sparring guys 15-20 lbs. heavier. However, I like it since I don't feel their power and so I know when I fight guys my own weight they will have even less of a punch. Also, it's messed up to fight a guy that much lighter than you...I would feel bad fighting someone 20 lbs. lighter. Good luck, though. You are a badass.
It's good to have the mentality of "f*** it, let's do this."