View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Sparked_26
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Sparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,075,615.15
No Message - PrinceNaz88 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Hatton got Tszyu to go to England, which put him at the world level. He got a bigger American following when he came here to fight Collazo. Burns is never going to be world level unless he comes here and fights fighters in America, because I highly doubt he's going to get anyone over to the UK.

Froch got Pascal to go to the UK. But he came over to fight Taylor, Johnson, and Ward.

That's all I'm saying is that Burns can be big in the UK and has a big following there, but if he wants to fight most of the elite around 135-140 eventually, he has to come to America.
Disagree with this really. I can't see HBO picking up Burns, regardless.

So I don't really see what the point is in him going to America and initially accepting purses which would likely be smaller than the ones he is picking up at home.

Also Burns has overachieved hugely from what nearly everyone thought was possible.