View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:45 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,209,436,650,170.81
Total Points: 2,220,036,760,877.32
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
During the Hopkins/Dawson fight Nazim was yelling "another cruiserweight hiding at light-heavy". What more you need to know?

Cotto weighed in at 146 in his previous fight. Losing an extra lb probably didn't affect him at all and he confirmed it.

Sergio started boxing at 20. No matter how you look at it, he has less mileage than Oscar had against Pac. And he's coming off a great performance.

You're just speculating. Nobody knows how good Martinez will be coming back down to 154 after a couple years.

Nobody's saying it's gonna be easier or harder, but pulling a quote from 2 years ago is irrelevant. Dude wants to come down to 54 now, that's all that matters.
Why would I care what Nazeem says about an opponent for his guy~ he isn't that big a 175 pounder a big 175 will eventually end up at heavy, Dawson will never be a heavy.

An extra pound can be everything if you don't have an ounce to give. That is also a lot of extra work that can't be focused on the actual fight. Not that that extra time to work would have done anything considering his trainer was a hack.

I don't agree Sergio is about the same, he currently is at 54 fights Oscar only had 44 going into the Manny fight and he was not in a whole bunch of super tough fights, a few were tough but he was mostly a boxer who limited the damage he was taking. More fights over a shorter period, is not a good thing. Now Sergio has less partying miles but I don't think Sergio is just chill inbetween fights either. Oh and beating up JCC Jr. which I said he would do without much problem doesn't do much for me.

I know for a fact Sergio is worse off going down to 154 than he is staying at 160, him being close to the same would be him beating very long odds and guys like Sergio can't decline a lot and maintain.

It is real simple.

Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-28-2012 at 08:02 PM.