View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:58 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 475,371,886.07
Total Points: 1,475,449,346.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.WEBB View Post
I saw you post in the other thread about tracking calories so I literally JUST downloaded an app to do so. I think it's called my FitnessPal.

But previously, I wasn't actually tracking my calories on a daily. I've just been eating clean and not eating junk and all the unhealthy stuff and that worked for me. But I want to lose more so I need to be more strict on my portion sizes. Plus I don't drink ANYTHING besides water and it was hard at first, but it was one of the sacrifices I had to make.

This is what I've been eating though.

Meats

Chicken breast, chicken wings here and there(all grilled or baked). Any part of the chicken basically as this has been my main source of protein.
Salmon (Omega3s)
Talapia
Steaks on occasion

Breakfast
Oatmeal, eggs, whole wheat bread (toast but not too frequently).

All kinds of fruit (strawberries, blueberries, grapes, apples, oranges, bananas, pineapples, watermelon, etc).

All kinds of vegetables (mainly broccoli, spinach, asparagus, avocado (although it's a "fruit"), carrots, cauliflower, corn, green peppers, onions, potatoes (not mashed, but SWEET potatoes), etc

Snacks
Eat alot of fruit for snacks. But I also do trail mix, greek yogurt, granola bars. I occasionally do cottage cheese with fruit at night because I learned that the protein (casein) in cottage cheese digests slowly and it gives the body a steady dose of amino acids during the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE REED™ View Post
Good stuff... I use mynetdiary app, It's excellent.

My diet on a daily PRETTY much goes like this.

10AM

P90x's 10 minute trainer or run every other morning

Shakeology Coffee Drink
1 Scoop Shakeology
1/2cup Raspberries
6OZ coffee
Blended with Ice

175 Calories

1PM

1 Whole Egg
5 egg whites (all scrambled
1/4 cup fat free feta
2 slices of turkey bacon
2 links chicken sausage
1 piece whole wheat toast

430 Calories

4PM

Cup of Coffee
Banana

125 Calories

6:45PM(workout energy)

24 Low fat pretzels
2 scoops Jack3d

125 Calories

7:30Pm

P90x

Total around 1500 calories and 150G protein Give or take a few.

I use the fitness tracker at Webmd... I got lazy and stop tracking everything I ate since I had to work at overnight camp this summer, so working out was minimal. On the bright side, I was able to meet Cory Spinks and train with his trainer at ABC [great gym].

Dieting is the most important part, I went from '33 to '46 in the span of two weeks and just getting back to '40 is a pain. Now I'm just eating fruits, plain grilled chicken, black beans, almonds... trying to eat light and still be able to get a good workout in.

What do you guys do for cardio? I do stadiums once a week [if I'm lucky], and roadwork 3-4 times, but I need to do more sprints and skipping.