View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 05:48 AM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,071,151,191,528.57
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
CGI is the reason so many movies, made today, are terrible. Guess what, they forget about having a good story and hope that the CGI makes up for it. Although CGI is good, in some aspects, it's better for those making the movies to have more creativity and not really depend on CGI, so much. I am sad realizing that the arts, music, film, which thrive so much on creativity, are all going downhill now since we have this huge crutch, known as technology. It will only get worse.

One of the greatest sci-fi movies, Metropolis, was made in the 20's. It has so much creativity and not so much technology. Today, people just put out crap since they only care about the money. No one is passionate about their craft anymore.

CGI should complement a good story and not vice versa. I am sad thinking of how badly they are going to butcher my beloved Robocop in 2013. It's only because these people are not creative or original that they look to the past in order to profit from other people's ideas.

good post...

films of directors like mcG are 90 minute advertisements of tech... the story takes a back seat at the expense of visual ooooohs and aaaaahs...

man, mcG makes michael bay look like "arthouse..."

Last edited by talip bin osman; 09-25-2012 at 05:53 AM..