View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:08 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 475,371,886.07
Total Points: 1,475,449,446.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
IMO, if you're gonna throw lead left hooks, you should already be on the inside. Throwing it from distance is dangerous. A hook by definition is a short punch.
Okay, Bush....

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
its so quick they often flinch at the feints. so i bend my legs like im stepping in with a jab to the body but come up with a lead hook to the head instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
A-lAH Floyd.......Throw a feint half a jab and loop it into a hook.
Seeing a pattern here? If not, think back to the last time two in-fighters jab it out in close quarters; shouldn't be that hard, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry.X. View Post
Well when i think of lead punches i think of fighting at a distance
Quote:
Originally Posted by purecyse View Post
Some solid jabs should lead to your jab feints being respected. The jab feints will allow you to shift your weight more onto you front foot to put some weight behind that hook.

I try to throw the lead hook off feints after stepping around a bit so, unless I totally whiff it somehow, I can wrap them up if they block or slip it and I can hit them with a straight if it lands solidly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiza567 View Post
i love a lead hook but only once ive timed the guy. first few rounds i will only lead with the hook if i catch him in a feint or if i can time his right hand.
Wait, Bush... you said right hands were distance punches, correct? Apparently, this guy needs distance via feinting with the jab or timing his opponents right hand in order to throw his lead left hook? Go figure, he needs space to pull off that particular punch... that can't be right, he needs to be under his opponents nose to throw a lead hook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearHypnos View Post
Basically establish a jab to the point that you could feint with them and hope your hook is good enough and your leg speed good enough to close the distance with it. Floyd and Martinez do this.
Bush, this guy, who actually gets in a boxing ring, clearly doesn't know what he's doing. He's using leg speed to justify closing the distance to throw a lead hook; this can't be right! I mean, he even goes on to name two of the top three p4p fighters who just so happen to have zero clue how to throw lead punches. Bush, school these kids on how to throw a lead hook.