View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 01:35 PM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 28 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,927,942,751.97
Total Points: 18,012,212,547.43
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarj View Post
I didn't criticise their punches, 'cute with half-decent power' is a fair assessment. Nothing wrong with them. They're two of the best right hands in the game today. But 'historically', we are talking about literally hundreds of fantastic right hand punchers.

Do you think that if any of the foremost boxing historians were asked to complile lists of the top 20 right hand punchers in history that Mayweather or Hopkins would be close?

You'd find lists littered with names like Louis, Marciano, Wilde, Hearns, Foreman, Shavers, Baer, Robinson, Saddler, McClellan or Jackson.

Ali had a beautiful lead right hand, see the Foreman fight. But sadly the rights which have less than thunderous impact will probably be held in less prestige 'historically' as time goes on.
well i dont care how other ppl look at it, i have my own opinion and look at it simply as what is the best overall weapon. power is obviously part of the equation but it isnt everything. i would rank mayweathers right thand as one of the 20 best in history, yes. hopkins' is up there too. not one of the 20 hardest right hands but one of the 20 best right hands for sure.

btw cute with half decent power isnt a fair assessment. both hopkins and mayweather have better than average power in their right hands, floyd in particular. when they sit down on their **** they can hurt someone with it for sure, the reason they dont do it more often is bcuz they are so careful and choose not to sit down on their shots unless they know they are gonna land. but when they do sit down on it they are better than average in terms of power. cute isnt fair either, try genius.