View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,030,079,041.51
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelloyd View Post
Lewis dominated Holyfield in the first fight. 10-2. The myth of a 'shot Holyfield' is a joke.

Holyfield was no longer prime but he was definitely still an elite fighter. He got dominated and the robbery was so bad, FBI had to investigate it.

I blame Lewis for not brutally Kayoing Holyfield though. I place 100% blame on LL. I honestly believe if LL wanted to and wasn't so damn careful, he could have knocked Holyfield out. In the first fight, Holyfield was stunned and hurt numerous times.

All LL'S fault for NOT taking it out of the hands of judges. Bad mistake, because Satan Don King was up to no good.

Your quite right, Holyfield was not shot for Lewis 1. His performance in the second fight proves that.

But contrast the Holyfield from fight 2 with the Holyfield from 10 years previous. That guy was ridiculously fast and had a frightening workrate. Prime for prime......Holyfield probably beats any version of Lewis. His chin was too good in his prime to get sparked early and is workrate was too good for him to lose a decision.