View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:11 AM
chloelloyd
Banned

Rep Power: 0 chloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 500,037,147.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE REED™ View Post
it wasnt roys power that scared other fighters, it was his speed...

roys speed = power

it was the fact he could hit you, and you wouldnt see it coming.. thats when you get knocked out

the fact he could considerably beat you to the punch all night long.. and when you threw your punches, you hit nothing but air, and then got countered again

it wasnt the power... it how fast he could hit you, and from angles you couldnt see
Great post. I will have to favor Spinks at LHW against LHW Roy though.

Spinks was pretty big, 6'3 (around Dawson's height) but much more powerful then Dawson ever was. I just favour Spinks on a styles match-up. He's not going to get dragged into a pattern of fighting where he's following Roy around and letting Roy's reflexes along with Roy's speed come into factor that much. Spinks had an unorthodox way of moving and switches his attacks up with a very deceptive jab.
One thing Spinks does is his doubling,, tripling, quadrupling etc etc of his left hand.That is something that could very well catch Roy off guard, which will certainly lead into something big
Spinks was also a very rangy fighter, which might counter Roy's amazing speed and his darting in/out movement patterns.

Despite what the 'glass jaw' trolls insist, Roy actually had a decent chin at 168-175. I just feel you need a very good/great chin to survive 12 rounds against Spinks as well. Everything from Spink's height, his range, his jabs, and his unorthodox boxing methods will eventually lead to Spinks hitting flush.

I will not be shocked if Roy wins a decision either though , but I think Spinks will win by late tko.