Thread: Online Degrees?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 PM
BoxingGenius27
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 304,120.51
Total Points: 9,371,058,721,267.58
nice ownage of Jro's pseudo expert/historian azz - Pancakes No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays BoxingGenius27 - !! AI-Holmes!! 
for some wshh - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorSoul View Post
What others? Don't be mistaken, Devry is in the category of "for profit" schools amongst those others you're probably referring to.

Just look up the school's history, there have been class action lawsuits and fines in the US and Canada for poor educational quality and job preparation because so many of their graduates were being turned away for jobs
I have looked it up and I've seen just as many success stories as non success stories. It happens.

I've also seen students with Masters degrees from various State universities and still can't get a job in this economy.

But what I am telling you as a fact is the same State universities that you're talking about as being credible accept credits from Devry University as transferable. Obviously those State colleges evaluated Devry's courses and accepted the cirriculum.

Just see transfer.org. It's a website that allows you to see what classes are transferable from one University to the other. There are numerous classes from Devry's cirriculum that's transferable to other State universities; take your pick.

Another thing that I'm telling you is universities are based off accredidation. There's National (not so good), Regional (the best) and another that I forgot the name too. This is how universities maintain their name as a reliable source.

And no, not just "anyone" can be Regionally accredited.

You sure are typing a lot of non sense to supposedly be so educated on how universities work.

Fact of the matter is, this economy is schit. College grads are having a hard time finding work regardless of what college they graduate from. But my take is if you're going to go to a school, check their accredidation over everything. If you have experience to go with your online degree you can be just as competitive as actually going to class.