View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 26,724,211,847,853.38
Total Points: 27,979,533,436,955.36
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiranui View Post
Depends on the game. The only pure SF game that Ken has been by consensus better is 3rd Strike (in which he is significantly better). Ironically in AE2012 they are probably close to equal objectively on the tier list, but Ryu is more balanced and popular among some prominent character loyalists and so tends to get the nod (there's been no truly great/dominant Ken player, and he has a reputation as scrubby in this game). MOV, one of the GOAT 3rd Strike players, played Ken at EVO and there's an extremely strong player from High Desert who got Top 32 using him (frequently plays at WNF).

I main Sakura myself (who is top tier herself and potentially better than both), so I couldn't really care less
I can dig that Sakura is better than both because I've been walked by plenty of people sporting her. IMHO I do believe that both Ken & Ryu are somewhat underpowered & if it wasn't for Ken's ultra combo's he'd have been cannon fodder.

But I started using Guyle & Balrog & I must say that they are way stronger than the red & white twins!!