View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:42 AM
res
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 107,803,186.55
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo To the 80's cartoons. - WTFBALLZ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarj View Post

I don't know, I guess that for me the best George Foreman would have fell somewhere between the monster who beat Frazier first time and the patient, well paced Foreman of the early 90s.

Even a great puncher like Foreman was going to run into guys who he couldn't knock out. Thats where solid 12/15 round pacing comes in.
Those guys would have to be in more than just survive mode though, that's the problem. What fighters from that era do you think were likely to accomplish this? Personally, I have trouble seeing anyone from that era but Ali getting this done. Foreman in taking this more patient, hesitant approach may have been trying to fix something that was only broken as far as Ali was concerned, and even he wasn't anxious for a rematch to try and do it again.

Last edited by res; 08-27-2012 at 08:09 AM.