View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 02:31 AM
LA_2_Vegas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,501,350,373.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
The passing torch thing is over blown. Boxing history tends to snip out the parts they don't like so it looks like there's a lineage when in fact they just piece together the parts that suit them. Also, the great way to hype a new champ is by having him clobber one of the older guys in the name of "succession." Nobody wants to talk about the Gerry Coatze's of the world. That's boxing history in a nut shell, just skip the ones you don't like.
Yeah I know what you mean, I just see an opportunity for it to possibly happen because there are some guys who might be able to hang with them soon. It won't really matter if the torch is passed or not, it'd just be nice because the consensus about the HW division has become so cynical over the years that it's seems like it will be tough for others to be recognized, even dominant champs like the Klits take their share of sh*T and criticism for not being as good as their predecessors.

I just want the next champs to get their shine because I do think there are some evenly matched action fights once ppl start to mix it up.